Chicken Tikka Masala (Family Pack)
Delicious, juicy cubes of chicken, smothered in creamy onion-tomato sauce and flavored with exotic and healthy spices.
Recipe pack contains pre-measured organic dry spices, recipes, and cooking directions.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Recipe Pack Serves: 4
Ingredients included in organic Indian flavor packs:
- Organic cumin seeds
- Organic turmeric powder
- Organic coriander powder
- Organic cumin powder
- Organic cayenne powder
- Organic garam masala (ground coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, green cardamom, cumin, bay leaves)
Ingredients you will need from your local grocer:
For marinating chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (2-3 breasts halved)
- 1/3 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt to taste
For masala sauce:
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 cup finely chopped and minced onions
- 2 cups canned tomato puree
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water (enough to thicken sauce)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
Follow instructions inside organic Indian flavor pack to prep and marinate chicken, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and fry until they are brown and slightly caramelized.
- Add turmeric powder, stir for 10 seconds.
- Add ginger powder and garlic powder, stir 30 seconds.
- Add cumin powder, stir, add coriander powder, stir to release fragrant aromas.
- Add tomato puree and cayenne, cook 5-6 minutes until oil separates.
- Add water, salt, and heavy cream (optional), and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to gently simmer the sauce uncovered, until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.
Follow instructions inside organic Indian flavor pack to cook chicken on grill or skillet. CAUTION: Ensure chicken is cooked to 165° F for at least 15 seconds.
- Add cooked chicken to simmering sauce and continue to gently simmer, stirring occasionally 10-15 minutes. Add little water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Stir in garam masala and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, season with more salt and some cayenne if needed.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).
Serve hot over bed of long-grained rice or with naan bread.